Then realize that it's easy to be successful. Ok.. nothing is really easy in this life but neither is it very hard to start a business and be successful in it.
In general, to be successful in starting a business, you need to understand your type of business
Here are the basics:
- Equipment: What do you need to run the business? A hamburger stand needs at least a grill, a storefront, tables and chairs.
- Supplies: that varies with the business but should not be hard to buy and store your supplies.
- Staff: What type of workers do you need to run the business? A restaurant needs at least a cook.
- Expenses: How much is it going to cost me to run the business? Electricity, rent, payroll, etc.
- Clients: How am I going to make money? Find out who your customers are and find a way to attract them - advertise.
Then, buy your equipment and supplies, select your workers, figure out your expenses, and know your clients and the competition
Competition: Don't worry too much about the competition, just provide a product in demand, guarantee it, price it reasonably and competitively, and provide the best service you can. Finally, learn how to manage people, reward them for their work.